From www.leather-dictionary.com - The Leather Dictionary
The term eco-leather is used for fair-trade products (bags, etc.), but also for imitation leather for car seat covers and other objects.
Eco leather is not a defined term. Eco stands for eco-friendly leather made sustainably and by an environmently-friendly approach in leather production.
When Eco leather is described with the composition "Top: 100% Polyurethane, Bottom: 50% Polyester, 50% Cotton", the labelling is incorrect. Animal skin is not listed here. Saying "Eco leather is a high-quality artificial leather" does not improve the labelling. Such descriptions are misleading and false.
- Leather alternatives
- Muskin - MuSkin
- Vegan leather
- Bio leather
- Wineleather - Wine Leather
- Piñatex - pineapple leather
- Nuvi Releaf
- Artificial leather - Imitation leather
- What materials can be called leather?
- PeTA - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals